SharePoint 2016 will NOT be the last version of on-prem server 😉
1. SharePoint App – Now you can get SharePoint in your Pocket with a new SharePoint App! Microsoft just announced an App for SharePoint.
This gives you access to #SharePoint Online and On-prem SharePoint data. See the Video Here.
Few noted features of this App :
* Quick access to all the libraries and sites in a hybrid environment.
* Access sites from on-prem as well.
* Responsive & fast by design.
* Using office graph to show data most relevant to the user
2. General availability of SharePoint 2016 – Starting today, MSDN Subscribers can now download SharePoint 2016 for testing and development purposes.
3. There is a new SharePoint Framework!
4. Feature Packs for SharePoint – By 2017, SharePoint 2016 will start getting Feature Packs! similar to how we get Office 365 updates today. So changes like new SYNC client etc will be released as feature packs for SharePoint. It is accelerating the pace of #sp2016. No more cloud first!