Today I will introduce SharePoint Server 2010 Search and eventually work our way up to Microsoft’s latest and greatest FAST Search Server in a near future article. Before we deep dive into the step by step guide I will begin by listing some of the new features that you will come to expect from SharePoint Server 2010 Search. These are as follows.
1. Boolean query syntax has finally been introduced. These include AND, OR and Not Operators in your search queries.
2. Suggestion while typing and after running search queries, a feature that we have come to love with major search engines such as Google and Bing.
3.Integrating SharePoint enterprise Search with Windows 7, allowing end users to utilize the Windows 7 Search box to locate SharePoint 2010 content.
4. Results display has been refined to provide filters for search results such as document type, categories and managed properties.
5. View in Browser capabilities, allows end users to view documents within their own browser utilizing. Office Web Applications and not having to rely on launching the necessary Microsoft Office Application, or even the need of having it installed on their local machine. This is handy when browsing your SharePoint site via Kiosks and internet Cage that may not be running the Microsoft Office Suit.
6. Last final but not least there have been number of improvements to People Search, including Phonetic name and NickName matching, and improved relevance and self search.
Honoured to Have MVP
Sharing the point : –
- Migrating Managed Metadata Term Stores in SharePoint Server across Farms + Without ID changing
- The file is currently checked out or locked for editing by another user Sharepoint + Or UPLOAD FAILED this file is locked for editing by domain\usrename
- Naming Conventions for SharePoint Developer /Administrator / Architect and End User
- Why should I upgrade to SharePoint 2016
- What’s new for SharePoint 2016
- Latest Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015 – MS Announsement
- Powershell script – Get all Site Columns for a SharePoint 2013 site collection
- PowerShell Script to Get Access request email SharePoint site in CSV File
- Reduce SharePoint Content Database + How to Shrink SharePoint Content Database
- User Information List SharePoint , All Hidden facts
- April 2017
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- May 2013
- April 2013
- July 2012
- June 2012
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010